Monday, November 1, 2010

And Your Bird Can Sing

If you ask me why I haven't posted for an entire week, I'll probably give you some canned answer about how busy I've been; indeed, I'll probably tell you that school and work formed an evil alliance with the intent to keep me from seeing the light of day, that the school/work monster wants me to die of rickets. But the truth is that i have been straight-up stymied by this song. I still am. In many respects, "And Your Bird Can Sing" is just a regular Beatles song: tight harmonies, catchy melody, overall cohesive ensemble-ness. But it has this double guitar riff played by George and Paul that, while totally awesome, sounds like something from Sound Of Music when I played it on piano. You'll note that you could easily start singing "Do, a deer, a female deer" after the intro.
So I finally decided I had to man up and do it.



Also, I have a total cold. Are you tired of my complaining yet? Me too.

On a better note, check out this Beatles art by my friend Apryl Melancon. It's totally rad. You should check out her website.

1 comment:

  1. you are wayyyy too hard on yourself.... plus kuddos for the painful sacrifice of singing on a sore throat.

    ReplyDelete