Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Hard Day's Night

I did a quick count last night of how many Beatles songs I know. I went down the list and if I was familiar enough with it to sing a few lines, i counted it. I figured that my pretty extensive knowledge of the White Album and Abbey Road would boost my score; I listened to those two pretty consistently growing up. But the rest I had only passing familiarity with. Of the 207 I recognized 117. In a glass-half-empty way, that's sort of pitiful. I couldn't even recall a melody to almost half of the Beatles' songs. But in a glass-half-full sort of way, though, the Beatles wrote songs memorable enough that I could recall more than a hundred of them by name alone. I have recreated the list here for your enjoyment. Try it out. Proclaim your score to the world, unless your score is higher than mine, in which case kindly keep it to yourself. Whoever gets the highest score wins the right (nay, the privilege) to cut his or her own hair.

Here's A Hard Day's Night, performed on the Phoenix light rail. I left my bag on the train, so check back tomorrow to see what shakes out in that department. Will society prove itself worthy to survive the flood, or is the world we live in just one giant ball of selfish poop? Pins and needles.


8 comments:

  1. my girls keep asking me to play this again so they can see their uncle hobo sing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only are you talented, but you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Selfish poopy poop! But great job crazy and hobo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is by far my favorite.... I feel like this is a documentary.

    ReplyDelete